ROCKY MOUNTAIN LONGHORNS OFFERS GRASS FED, GRASS FINISHED ALL NATURAL, NO GMO LONGHORN BEEF AND LONGHORN CROSS BEEF SOLD BY THE PACKAGE, QUARTER, HALF OR WHOLE. CONTACT US TODAY ABOUT ORDERING QUARTERS, HALVES OR WHOLE. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST ECONOMICAL WAY TO PURCHASE BEEF.
YOU PICK YOUR CUTS. ALL COSTS INCLUDED!
- HALF BEEF ARE $5.50 LB HANGING WEIGHT
- WHOLE BEEF IS $5.00 LB HANGING WEIGHT
WE ALSO SELL BY THE PACKAGE / LB BURGER, STEAKS, ROASTS AND MORE. YOU CAN BUY AS LITTLE AS 1LB OF BURGER. CONTACT US FOR CURRENT INVENTORY AND PRICING.
PACKAGED MEAT OPTIONS
(BASED ON CURRENT STOCK AND AVAILABILITY)
1. $35 BEEF SAMPLER - 2LBS GROUND BEEF + 2 CHOICE STEAKS
2. 25LB COMBO FOR $200. INCLUDES 15LBS GROUND BEEF AND 10LBS MIXED CUTS. CAN INCLUDE FRESH FARM PORK IN THE MIXED CUTS
3. 50LB COMBO FOR $375. INCLUDES 30LBS GROUND BEEF AND 20LBS MIXED CUTS. CAN INCLUDE FRESH FARM PORK IN THE MIXED CUTS
4. 75LB COMBO FOR $490. INCLUDES 45LBS GROUND BEEF AND 30LBS MIXED CUTS. CAN INCLUDE FRESH FARM PORK IN THE MIXED CUTS
NOW AVAILABLE USDA CERTIFIED PORK
- $500 PER HALF - YOU PICK CUTS AND PACKAGE SIZE
WE ALSO SELL BY THE PACKAGE / LB GROUND PORK, HAMS, BACON, STEAKS AND MORE. CONTACT US FOR CURRENT PRICING.
CUSTOM MEAT PACKAGES
LOOKING FOR DIFFERENT MIXTURE OF MEATS - CONTACT US AND WE'LL BUILD A PACKAGE TO SUITE YOUR BUDGET AND TASTE BUDS!
CONTACT JR WITH ANY QUESTIONS
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Did you know that red meat can be included as part of a healthy diet? Thanks to Texas Longhorns, today’s health-conscious consumer doesn’t have to avoid tender, juicy steaks. Longhorn beef is leaner than other breeds and is lower in saturated fats. Packed full of flavor, Longhorn beef has less cholesterol and calories than white meat. Including lean beef in a heart-healthy diet can positively impact blood cholesterol levels. Studies have shown that eating lean beef can help increase ‘good’ cholesterol and reduce ‘bad’ cholesterol in people with elevated cholesterol levels.
“Lean beef is good for you – and the key word is lean. A heart patient can eat steak every meal if it is in the right proportions. Longhorn meat, on average, contains 10 percent less saturated fat than that of other cattle. That puts lean Longhorn beef on par with skinned boneless white meat of chicken and that fact may come as a surprise to many dieticians.” -Dr. Joseph Graham, Cardiovascular Surgeon at St. John’s Medical Center in Joplin, Missouri, and a Longhorn breeder himself.
Texas Longhorn beef cooks quickly due to its low fat content. Fat acts as an insulator. Heat must penetrate the fat before it begins to cook the meat. Lower fat means a faster cook time.
-There is little shrinkage in Longhorn beef.
– Longhorn beef does not require additional fat for cooking. The natural fat is enough to cook your meat to perfection.
-To broil, position the meat 3-4 inches from the heat. Watch it closely while cooking to achieve desired doneness. Broiling slightly frozen steaks keeps them juicier.
-A medium-hot fire works best in grilling. Add damp mesquite or cherry wood chips to the fire for extra flavor. Remember, the meat cooks quickly so watch it carefully.
– Longhorn beef roasts should be cooked at 275 degrees F.
-A meat thermometer is recommended to monitor desired temperature. Ground beef should have an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.